Sunday, July 5, 2009

Ndae

Ndae died a couple days ago. Medically it doesn’t make sense. She shouldn’t have died. People don't die of leprosy. Her body was strong, but it just couldn’t take the last assault of infection. Spiritually it makes even less sense. Everyone is convinced it was sorcery, and after the death of 3 young women and a child, I am not surprised, and I, too, wonder if sorcery is to blame, but I can’t help thinking that this would have been the perfect opportunity for a miracle. I guess it is good that I am not God. He knows infinitely better than I do, and I cannot understand His ways. He is good, and I can be assured that He sees the suffering of our dear neighbors, even way out here in the jungle, and that He loves them much more than I do.

No comments:

Post a Comment